Department of Environment and Heritage Protection
- North Queensland Indigenous Land and Sea Grant program
Twelve successful projects totalling $530,480 were funded under the 2013 North Queensland Indigenous Land and Sea Grant program.
- New Reef Facts website launched
The Great Barrier Reef is one of Australia's most treasured natural wonders. The new Reef Facts website details the Queensland Government’s efforts to ensure that it remains one of the best managed marine ecosystems in the world.
- Environmental Offsets Bill
The Environmental Offsets Bill has been introduced into Parliament. The Bill sets the foundation for a streamlined environmental offsets framework which will replace five existing policies.
- Premier's Sustainability Awards—2014
Award nominations are open until Friday 14 March 2014 to recognise Queensland’s sustainability champions who are showing environmental leadership in business, industry, schools and our communities. Cash prizes on offer for category winners.
- Greentape reduction
A new standard application process for environmental authorities is now available for 19 different activities.
- Fitzroy Basin mine water release pilot expanded
To address legacy mine water issues, the mine water release pilot has been expanded to all mines in the Fitzroy Basin during the 2013–14 wet season.
- Get Ready Queensland
Get Ready Queensland is about building resilience to deal with the extreme weather and natural disasters that are a part of living in our state. It aims to make Queensland Australia’s most disaster resilient state.
- Proposed changes to protected plants legislation
The Protected Plants Legislation Review project has been established to streamline and simplify the legislation that manages the harvesting and clearing of Queensland's native plants.
- Air quality
- Compliance and enforcement
- Contaminated land
- Environmental impact assessment
- Environmentally relevant activities - Prescribed
- Greentape Reduction
- Incidents and disaster recovery
- Mining resource activities
- Natural resource management
- Planning and guidelines
- Public performance reports
- Resource activities including petroleum, geothermal and greenhouse gas storage
- State of the environment
- Water quality and ecosystem health
- World Heritage Area management review