Department of Environment and Heritage Protection
- Reef Facts
The Great Barrier Reef is one of Australia's most treasured natural wonders. The Reef Facts website details the Queensland Government’s efforts to ensure that it remains one of the best managed marine ecosystems in the world.
- Reef 2050 Long-Term Sustainability Plan released
A new 35-year plan guiding the protection and management of the Great Barrier Reef has been released for comment.
- Koala rescue and rehabilitation grants
Up to $200,000 is available for projects helping sick, injured and/or orphaned koalas in Queensland.
- Stay safe from swooping magpies
By understanding magpies and knowing how to behave around them, you can stay safe when moving through their territory.
- Changes to contaminated land development
From 4 July 2014 there are changes to the way contaminated land matters are managed for development.
- Coastal management districts
Your feedback is invited on the proposal to abolish the existing coastal management districts and declare a new coastal management district under the Coastal Protection and Management Act 1995.
- New environmental offsets framework
On 1 July, a new environmental offsets framework was introduced in Queensland.
- Be part of the largest green turtle recovery project in history
The Queensland Government is looking for corporate partners to support a ground-breaking project to secure Raine Island as the nesting site for one of the world’s largest population of green turtles.
- The SPRING—Species Recovery Info Gateway
The SPRING is a new online tool which provides information to support the conservation and recovery of Queensland’s threatened plant and animal species. The SPRING can be accessed by any member of the public interested in threatened species.
- Air quality
- Compliance and enforcement
- Contaminated land
- Environmental impact assessment
- Environmental offsets
- Environmentally relevant activities - Prescribed
- Greentape Reduction
- Incidents and disaster recovery
- Mining resource activities
- Natural resource management
- Planning and guidelines
- Public performance reports
- Resource activities including petroleum, geothermal and greenhouse gas storage
- State of the environment
- Water quality and ecosystem health
- World Heritage Area management review