Department of Environment and Heritage Protection
- Reef Facts
The Great Barrier Reef is one of Australia's most treasured natural wonders. The Reef Facts website details the Queensland Government’s efforts to ensure that it remains one of the best managed marine ecosystems in the world.
- Everyone's Environment - round three funding recipients
Over 100 recipients will collectively receive almost $5 million to carry out local projects to conserve the environment and built heritage, and protect flora and fauna.
- Waste—Everyone's responsibility
Waste—Everyone’s responsibility: Queensland Waste Avoidance and Resource Productivity Strategy (2014–2024) outlines the opportunities and challenges ahead for Queensland to reduce waste and improve resource recovery.
- Emergency work on heritage listed buildings
If the damage to a heritage listed building threatens personal or structural safety work can start immediately but written notice is needed to EHP as soon as possible. For more information contact the Heritage branch on 3330 5028.
- EPOLA 2014
The Environmental Protection and Other Legislation Amendment Bill 2014 was passed by Queensland Parliament on 28 October. The Act progresses amendments that support key Greentape Reduction reform initiatives.
- Be CrocWise
This summer be CrocWise in north Queensland. Stay safe by viewing our new videos on launching your boat, fishing and camping in croc country.
- Koala rescue and rehabilitation grants
Up to $318,000 is available for projects helping sick, injured and/or orphaned koalas in Queensland.
- Be part of the largest green turtle recovery project in history
The Queensland Government is looking for corporate partners to support a ground-breaking project to secure Raine Island as the nesting site for one of the world’s largest population of green turtles.
- Air quality
- Compliance and enforcement
- Contaminated land
- Environmental impact assessment
- Environmental offsets
- Environmentally relevant activities - Prescribed
- Greentape Reduction
- Incidents and disaster recovery
- Mining resource activities
- Natural resource management
- Planning and guidelines
- Public performance reports
- Resource activities including petroleum, geothermal and greenhouse gas storage
- State of the environment
- Water quality and ecosystem health
- World Heritage Area management review