Department of Environment and Heritage Protection
- Reef Facts
The Great Barrier Reef is one of Australia's most treasured natural wonders. The Reef Facts website details the Queensland Government’s efforts to ensure that it remains one of the best managed marine ecosystems in the world.
- Trial translocation of sterile koalas to Noosa hinterland
The Department of Environment and Heritage Protection is seeking to engage a professional contractor to develop a methodology/project plan for a trial translocation of sterile koalas to a suitable location.
- Everyone's Environment grants
Applications for round three of funding are now closed.
- Litter and Illegal Dumping Community and Industry Partnerships program
Submit your proposal for the next round of the Litter and Illegal Dumping Community and Industry Partnerships program.
- Queensland Indigenous Land and Sea Grant program
Indigenous communities can now apply for grants up to $50,000.
- Changes to contaminated land development
From 4 July 2014 there are changes to the way contaminated land matters are managed for development.
- New environmental offsets framework
On 1 July, a new environmental offsets framework was introduced in Queensland.
- The SPRING—Species Recovery Info Gateway
The SPRING is a new online tool which provides information to support the conservation and recovery of Queensland’s threatened plant and animal species. The SPRING can be accessed by any member of the public interested in threatened species.
- Spot the Queensland Plan in action
Help identify and celebrate community achievers and bright minds who are working to make our state great today and for generations to come.
- Be part of the largest green turtle recovery project in history
The Queensland Government is looking for corporate partners to support a ground-breaking project to secure Raine Island as the nesting site for one of the world’s largest population of green turtles.
- Air quality
- Compliance and enforcement
- Contaminated land
- Environmental impact assessment
- Environmental offsets
- Environmentally relevant activities - Prescribed
- Greentape Reduction
- Incidents and disaster recovery
- Mining resource activities
- Natural resource management
- Planning and guidelines
- Public performance reports
- Resource activities including petroleum, geothermal and greenhouse gas storage
- State of the environment
- Water quality and ecosystem health
- World Heritage Area management review