Regional Ecosystem data
Copy of Regional Ecosystem Map—version 6.1 data certified under the Vegetation Management Act 1999
For Regional Ecosystem and Remnant Maps in PDF format go to http://www.ehp.qld.gov.au/REMAP
About Regional Ecosystem Map data (REDATA)
This website enables you to obtain current Vegetation Management Act 1999 (VMA) regional ecosystem (RE) data for a specified area defined by Lot on Plan. The data is distributed as ESRI shapefile format for up to 3 Lots on Plan at a time.
The current data is certified under the VMA as Version 6.1 and takes effect on 16 September 2011. This data is based on the 2006 Landsat imagery.
VMA RE data for larger areas is available from the QGIS data download service. Use the search term "Vegetation Management Act Regional Ecosystems" in quotes to locate the dataset.
The area delineated by the cadastre lines will be buffered by one kilometre to provide local context. The RE data is in the Geocentric Datum of Australia 1994 (GDA94) as Geographic (latitude/longitude) or projected to UTM (metres) coordinates in the appropriate zone. A zip file containing data and license information will be emailed to a valid email address. Firewall-protected email service providers may retain zip files, delaying delivery for some time.
Information about your data request is collected to process this transaction. Requests including that information are logged for quality assurance and product enhancement purposes only.
- Digital data are available for areas where the regional ecosystem (RE) map—version 6.1 has been certified under the VMA.
- The extent of regional ecosystems is based on rectified 2006 Landsat TM imagery (supplied by SLATS, Department of Environment and Resource Management).
- The data includes the RE code or codes for each polygon, the percentage and class of each regional ecosystem as listed in the schedule of the Vegetation Management Regulation 2000.
- The data are compiled at a map scale of 1:100,000 except for some areas in Southeast Queensland where 1:50,000 scale is available. The positional accuracy of RE data mapped at a scale of 1:100,000 is +/-100m.
- Consideration of the effects of mapped scale is necessary when interpreting data at a larger scale, (eg: 1:25,000). For property assessment, digital linework should be used as a guide only.
- To convert shapefiles to MapInfo, use the universal translator in the MapInfo Tools menu.
The Department of Environment and Heritage Protection (year data was downloaded). Copy of the certified Regional Ecosystem Map—version 6.1 under the Vegetation Management Act 1999. Online RE Data, The Department of Environment and Heritage Protection, Brisbane. [URL: http://www.ehp.qld.gov.au/REDATA] Accessed on [date data was downloaded].
Submit a request for data by entering one or more Lot on Plan numbers
Don't know your Lot on Plan?
Information Queensland offers a service where you can locate your property. Zoom in to the locality and select 'Property' in the Area of Interest list on the left-hand side and use the 'Identify' tool. Alternatively, Lot on Plans are generally listed on local government rates notices.
- The file size will depend on the area of Lot on Plans submitted and may exceed 2 MB.
- If you have any problems using this service, please email vegetation management enquiries.