Environmentally relevant activities - Prescribed
Environmentally relevant activities that are prescribed activities are generally industrial activities but can also include some agricultural activities. A full list of all of the prescribed ERAs can be found in schedule 2 of the Environmental Protection Regulation 2008.
What licence or permit do I need?
To conduct a prescribed ERA you will require an environmental authority.
If the activity you are proposing to undertake is also listed as a concurrence activity in schedule 2 of the Environmental Protection Regulation 2008 (has a ‘C’ in the right hand column), you will also require a development approval.
For further information in relation to applying for an environmental authority or a development approval for an environmentally relevant activity, including how to prepare your application, the forms and fees applicable and where to lodge your application please refer to the Business and Industry Portal.
If your application is for a development approval, we strongly encourage you to take advantage of the consultation service provided by the Department of State Development, Infrastructure and Planning (DSDIP), before lodging the application. This will ensure the correct information has been provided and the application can proceed without delays. For information on how to organise a pre-lodgment meeting, please contact your local DSDIP office.
If your application is for an approval that is not a development approval we strongly encourage you to take advantage of our free consultation service before lodging the application with the department. This will ensure the correct information has been provided and the application can proceed without delays.
To request advice for an application that is not a development approval:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 13 QGOV (13 74 68) or download the form Application for a pre-design/pre-lodgement application form - EM1125.
- Environmental Protection Regulation 2008
- Summary of annual fees for environmentally relevant activities - EM389
- Environmental Emissions Profiles (Note: This document was prepared by the then Environmental Protection Agency and refers to environmentally relevant activities that have been deleted or renumbered)