Maps of environmentally sensitive areas
This page enables you to select an area of interest and obtain a geographical map in Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF) that can be emailed to a valid email address.
Information about your map request is collected to process this transaction. Map requests including that information are logged for quality assurance and product enhancement purposes only.
- Information shown on the map includes selected environmentally sensitive areas as described in the codes of compliance, tenures relating to mining and Chapter 5A (Environmental Protection Regulation 2008) activities, towns and roads
- Some environmentally sensitive area categories may obscure other category A, B and C areas in the map
- Ordering of items does not necessarily reflect ordering as indicated by the legend (for example with respect to Chapter 5A interests, essential habitat is displayed above other Category A, B and C areas, with respect to mining interests, endangered regional ecosystems are shown above all category A areas)
- Map elements include a scalebar, locality diagram, legend and graticule showing latitudes and longitudes
- The maps are A3 portrait but can be printed at any size
Create a map by entering central coordinates
- Only one tenure type can be entered for each map.
- The coordinates have to be in decimal degrees, e.g. 154.5083.
- If your coordinates are in degrees, minutes and seconds, e.g. 154° 30' 30", use the degrees calculator (below) to get degrees minutes seconds changed into decimal degrees format.
- The coordinates relate to the central position of an area of interest.
- The subsequent map will be produced at a scale of 1:100,000 (Original A3) when the 'Create a map by central coordinates' option is selected.
- The input boxes are formatted to accept two integers and four decimal places for a latitude, and three integers and four decimal places for a longitude.
- The negative sign is automatically added to the latitude.
Create a map by entering a tenure number
- Only the selected tenure parcel of interest will be displayed in the provided map.
- If you need a map showing a Petroleum pipeline licence or Petroleum survey licence, or wish to view only a portion of a large tenure, you need to use the 'Create a map by entering central coordinates' option
- The tenure number input box only needs the tenure number entered, e.g. 14204.
- There is no need to enter the tenure type prefix, e.g. EPM, with the tenure number.
- If the tenure number is invalid you will receive an email advising that the request for a map has failed.
Online maps for mining-exploration tenure and geology for Queensland
The Interactive Resource and Tenure Maps (IRTM) allows you to zoom, pan, search and display mining and exploration tenure information with geoscience data for the whole of Queensland. IRTM also provides a spatial search tool for the Queensland Digital Exploration Reports system (QDEX), allowing the user to list company reports for their project area based on historic exploration tenure.
The IRTM system is free to access and requires no login or password. The maps are supplied to assist the exploration industry and general public to discover where mineral, coal or petroleum resource activity is occurring in Queensland. Visit Department of Mines and Energy's interactive resource and tenure maps to learn more.