Maps of environmentally sensitive areas
This page enables you to select an area of interest and obtain a geographical map in Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF) that can be emailed to a valid email address.
Information about your map request is collected to process this transaction. Map requests including that information are logged for quality assurance and product enhancement purposes only.
- Information shown on the map includes selected environmentally sensitive areas as described in the Environmental Protection Regulation 2008, selected tenures relevant to resource activities (Environmental Protection Act 1994) towns and roads
- Some environmentally sensitive area categories may obscure other category A, B and C environmentally sensitive areas in the map
- Visual ordering of items does not necessarily reflect ordering as indicated by the legend
- Map elements include a scalebar, locality diagram, legend and graticule showing latitudes and longitudes
- The maps are A3 portrait but can be printed at any size
Create a map by entering central coordinates
- Only one tenure type can be entered for each map.
- The coordinates have to be in decimal degrees, e.g. 154.5083.
- If your coordinates are in degrees, minutes and seconds, e.g. 154° 30' 30", use the degrees calculator (below) to get degrees minutes seconds changed into decimal degrees format.
- The coordinates relate to the central position of an area of interest.
- The subsequent map will be produced at a scale of 1:100,000 (Original A3) when the 'Create a map by central coordinates' option is selected.
- The input boxes are formatted to accept two integers and four decimal places for a latitude, and three integers and four decimal places for a longitude.
- The negative sign is automatically added to the latitude.
Create a map by entering a tenure number
- Only the selected tenure parcel of interest will be displayed in the provided map.
- If you need a map showing a Petroleum pipeline licence or Petroleum survey licence, or wish to view only a portion of a large tenure, you need to use the 'Create a map by entering central coordinates' option
- The tenure number input box only needs the tenure number entered, e.g. 14204.
- There is no need to enter the tenure type prefix, e.g. EPM, with the tenure number.
- If the tenure number is invalid you will receive an email advising that the request for a map has failed.
Online maps for mining-exploration tenure and geology for Queensland
MinesOnlineMaps allows you to identify resource opportunities across Queensland.
- provides you with access to view, query and analyse mines spatial information in an integrated, user friendly interface
- allows you to zoom, pan, search and display geological data with mining and exploration permit information for the whole of Queensland
- links to Queensland Digital Exploration Reports (QDEX Reports) systems, allowing you to list company reports for your project area based on historic exploration permits.