Daisy Hill Koala Centre
The Daisy Hill Koala Centre will be closed for routine maintenance on Tuesday 24 May and Wednesday 25 May. We apologise for any inconvenience and look forward to reopening our doors on Thursday 26 May.
Daisy Hill Koala Centre entrance.
Built by the Queensland Government as a dedicated koala education facility, the Daisy Hill Koala Centre was opened to the public in 1995. Extensively refurbished in 2009, it now features a large outdoor koala enclosure and many new interactive displays.
- Admission is free.
- Open daily from 10am to 4pm (except Christmas Day, New Year's Day and Good Friday).
- Walkways are suitable for wheelchairs.
- Located 25km south of Brisbane in the Daisy Hill Regional Park.
The Daisy Hill Regional Park comprises 435 hectares of open eucalypt forest. It has long been a popular bushland retreat for people, and is home to many native animals including koalas.
- What to see in the centre
- Programs and activities
- How to get there
- Useful links
- Contact us
- Koala sightings
Our resident koalas can be seen from two different level viewing boardwalks at the Daisy Hill Koala Centre.
Visitors are not able to handle or pat the koalas.
Harry is 10 years old and is visiting us from DreamWorld. He weighs around eight kilograms which is almost double the size of female koalas.
You may notice he is quite smelly and has a dirty chest. Male koalas typically use the strong smelling oily scent gland on their chest to communicate. By rubbing their chest on trees they can let other koalas know that they are in the area.
Learn more about koalas by exploring the fun and informative displays in the centre. Take time to:
- climb the observation tower to get a koala’s eye view of the world—you might even spot a koala!
- watch films about koalas and other threatened species in the midnight woodland theatre
- discover all about the koala’s life cycle and unique biology
- learn the signs and symptoms of a sick or injured koala
- learn how to keep koalas safe in your backyard
- find out what the Queensland Government is doing to help koalas
- Learn about other threatened species featured in temporary displays
- become informed about the Queensland Government’s koala programs.
Daisy Hill Koala Centre staff run koala-focused talks for schools and groups within the centre. If you'd like to know more or are interested in making a booking, contact the centre between 8am and 4pm weekdays, and talk to a ranger.
The Connect with Nature school program features environmental education activities offered in Queensland’s parks and forests by the Department of National Parks, Sport and Racing. The program offers students the opportunity to experience Queensland’s natural environment through ranger-guided activities. Some activities are designed to meet the State curriculum, and some may attract a small user-pays fee.
Daisy Hill Koala Centre opening times
10am-4pm daily (except Christmas Day, New Year's Day and Good Friday).
Daisy Hill Regional Park opening times
7am–6.30pm 15 October–14 March (summer)
7am–5.30pm 15 March–14 October (winter)
Please remember dogs must be on a leash at all times.
Daisy Hill Koala Centre is located in Daisy Hill Regional Park, approximately 25km south of Brisbane.
If travelling south from Brisbane on the Pacific Motorway:
- turn off at exit 24
- turn right into Winnetts Road
- turn left into Daisy Hill Road, and continue to the Daisy Hill Regional Park.
If travelling north from the Gold Coast on the Pacific Motorway:
- turn off at exit 24 (Daisy Hill–Loganlea exit)
- turn right onto the overpass
- turn right into Winnetts Road
- turn left into Daisy Hill Road and continue to the Daisy Hill Regional Park.
Email the email@example.com more information
Sightings of healthy koalas in South East Queensland should be reported.
During business hours (8.00am–4.30pm) contact the Daisy Hill Koala Centre (07) 3299 1032.
Sightings of all sick, injured, orphaned and dead koalas in South East Queensland should also be reported.
During business hours (8.00am–4.30pm) contact:
- Moggill Koala Hospital (07) 3330 4666
- Daisy Hill Koala Centre (07) 3299 1032
After hours (4.30pm–8.00am) contact:
- RSPCA 1300ANIMAL (1300 264 625)