Digital data for the mapping products is available for download from the Queensland Government Information Service. If you require further assistance please email the Department of Environment and Heritage Protection (EHP) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- South East Queensland Koala Conservation State Planning Regulatory Provisions (SPRP) koala habitat values maps
- SPRP identified koala broadhectare area maps
- State Planning Policy 2/10: Koala Conservation in South East Queensland (SPP) koala habitat values maps
- The Koala Plan
- South East Queensland Koala Habitat Assessment and Mapping Project
South East Queensland Koala Conservation State Planning Regulatory Provisions (SPRP) koala habitat values maps
The SPRP koala habitat values maps show koala habitat within assessable development areas defined under the SPRP.
The SPRP applies to the priority areas of Pine Rivers and the Koala Coast (priority koala assessable development areas). The provisions also apply in areas where the Queensland Government previously had a concurrence agency role under the Koala Conservation Plan 2006 and the Interim South East Queensland Koala State Planning Regulatory Provision February 2010 (koala assessable development areas).
SPRP identified koala broadhectare area maps
The SPRP identified koala broadhectare area maps below depict the seven identified koala broadhectare areas defined in Schedule 3 of the SPRP.
- Oxley Wedge, Brisbane City Council
- Rochedale, Brisbane City Council
- Coomera, Gold Coast City Council
- Ripley Valley, Ipswich City Council
- Kinross Road, Redland City Council
- South East Thornlands, Redland City Council
- Palmview, Sunshine Coast Regional Council
State Planning Policy 2/10: Koala Conservation in South East Queensland (SPP) koala habitat values maps
The SPP koala habitat values maps show koala habitat values across the South East Queensland Koala Protection Area.
The areas are within seven eastern local governments:
- Sunshine Coast Regional Council
- Moreton Bay Regional Council
- Brisbane City Council
- Redland City Council
- Ipswich City Council
- Logan City Council
- Gold Coast City Council.
- View the SPP koala habitat values maps (by region)
- Search SPP koala habitat value maps by Lot on Plan or street.
The Koala Plan
The effect of the Nature Conservation (Koala) Conservation Plan 2006 and Management Program 2006–2016 (the Koala Plan) relating to planning and development assessment has since been replaced by the koala planning instruments (SPRP and SPP). As a result, the mapping of koala habitat areas under the Koala Plan (conservation, sustainability and urban koala) have been superseded by the SPRP and SPP koala habitat values maps.
Other elements of the plan, such as policies relating to sequential clearing, use of a koala spotter, rehabilitation of injured or sick koalas and translocation remain in place.
Sequential clearing requirements of koala habitat trees under the Nature Conservation Act 1992 is in place in koala districts A and B. Koala spotters are required in koala habitat areas in district A.
South East Queensland Koala Habitat Assessment and Mapping Project
The South East Queensland Koala Habitat Assessment and Mapping Project, completed in May 2009, was undertaken by GHD on behalf of the Queensland Government. It represents the most comprehensive koala habitat assessment and mapping project undertaken in Queensland to date. The koala habitat values mapping has informed the development of the statutory maps associated with the SPP and SPRP. This mapping has also set requirements under the Offsets Policy and State Government Supported Community Infrastructure Policy.
For more information refer to:
- GHD Report: South East Queensland Koala Habitat Assessment and Mapping Project (see availability)
- 2009 South East Queensland Koala Habitat Values Assessment map (see availability)
Available from the library catalogue
The documents referred to on this page are available from the department’s online library catalogue( http://www.ehp.qld.gov.au/library/index.html ).
* Requires Adobe Reader